Special Collections / Archives
Purchase College’s Special Collections include rare books from the eighteenth through the twentieth centuries and archival materials related to the history of the college. There are out-of-print monographs, catalogues raisonne, and limited editions of seminal works in the fields of art, design, and photography and a small collection of artists’ books.
Archival publications include Purchase College yearbooks and student newspapers. There is a collection of publications of Purchase College faculty. Copies of the Neuberger Museum’s publications and catalogues are also collected. The books and other publications are all cataloged in the Library’s online catalog.
The Special Collections are non-circulating materials housed in closed stacks. Use of the collection is available on site by appointment only.
Procedures for access and use:
- Arrange for an appointment by contacting Joe Swatski, Reference Librarian, (914-251-6411).
- Secure a printout of the bibliographic record from the Library Catalog.
- Complete the registration form for Special Collections use. Please note that all information must be completed on the form, including your contact information.
- Special Collections materials will be examined in a supervised area of the Library.
- Food and beverages are not permitted when using these materials.
- All notes must be taken in pencil. The researcher is responsible for the protection of these materials while in use; care must be taken that they are in the same condition before they are officially returned.
- Sign the form indicating your understanding of the restrictions of Special Collections materials use.
- I.D. cards will be held at the Reference Desk or by the Librarian supervising the use of the Special Collection items and returned after the items are returned.
Download the Special Collections Request Form