Instruction Tailored to Your Classes
Request a Session Now!
We offer research instruction tailored specifically to any individual, group or class, including introducing students to discipline-specific resources.
- Facilitate a session with hands-on practice or in a more relaxed "guided" session where librarians are there to support the class
- Provide you with Research Guides tailored to your class complete with links to the best resources or tips for your assignments
- Consult with you (one on one) with your research needs, or advise you on database updates or tricky searches
- Meet with your BOS or Faculty group regarding existing resources or topics of interest (for as long or short as you like)
We can help your students:
- define their information needs
- create an effective search strategy
- understand how to evaluate information
- distinguish scholarly sources from popular or trade sources
- distinguish between primary and secondary sources
- apply and understand proper citation conventions
- understand and avoid plagiarism
Reinforce these concepts using tutorials in your Moodle!
See our list of Recommended Videos
Creating Effective Research Assignments
We don't have every book or journal, but we have a lot that might surprise you. Check with us to ensure assignments are well-matched with the library's resources.
Tweak your assignments to help students hone research skills!
See our Assignment Bank for ideas
Faculty FAQ (search for answers or email a question)
Search our FAQs to see if we've already answered your question. See the list of common faculty questions below.